FAENZA Collection: Own a true Italian classic the Garofano pattern from Faenza.
Since the Middle Ages, kilns have been alight in Faenza, producing top-quality ceramics.
History tells us that Marco Polo brought pasta and the Garofano pattern from the Orient in 1279.
Faenza is by cultural tradition defined as City of the Ceramics, lies 30 miles south of Bologna in the north east part of Italy, and while an important agricultural as well as an industrial centre, it owes its renown to ceramics.
The role of Faenza in the ceramics field is well-known: its name, in the French version Faience, has meant for centuries a prestige kind of ceramics; no other ceramics-producing city can boast of having kept its stoves alight since ancient Middle Age.
The Garofano design was iInitially developed in the Italian region of Lombardia, but it later became a world-famous signature-pattern from the Majolica town of Faenza.
- All Artistica's dinnerware products are double fired - durable and 100% Food-Safe
Artistica's dinnerware items are manufactured with Food-Safe glazes and safe color pigments as well as inspected and tested to comply with FDA standards.
- Not Safe for Microwave or Conventional Oven Use.
Our dinnerware products are Serving pieces and they are NOT meant to be used for cooking or re-heating.
Size: 4X 4" HIGH
We understand that Authenticity is of the most concern when purchasing fine Italian pottery.
When you order from us, rest assured that you will receive absolutely first quality, genuine products!
- All of our products are brand new, 100% Authentic, Original products Hand Painted and Hand Made in Deruta, Italy.
- All our products are always accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity and further authenticated with a tamper evident Hologram Sticker.
- Our company was the very first direct importer in the United States of real Deruta pottery since 1983.
- Orders are shipped promptly from our Glenview, IL USA warehouse.